Friday, July 25, 2008

Who To Choose?

The Chicago Bears, winners of the 2006 NFC Championship Game, have a very big decision to make. The choice of who will start for them at the QB position in the upcoming football season. The two candidates? Rex Grossman and Kyle Orton.

The battle for the Starting QB position is very close at this point. It is so close, Chicago Bears head coach Lovie Smith decided to flip a coin to see who would be the first string QB during training camp. Because Grossman won the coin toss, I believe he will be given a unfair advantage because he will get more time to show what he's got, which is nothing.

I really, really think that Orton deserves to start this season over Grossman because I believe he is just a better player. Orton has so much potential, which we all saw when he lead the Bears to Superbowl XLI when Grossman was sidelined for the entire season due to a injury. Also, Orton makes much fewer mistakes on the field then Grossman does.

Now, Grossman I believe, even though he won the coin toss to be the first string QB in training camp, has his back up against the wall because it seems the whole organization is growing tired of Rex. He is way to inconsistent on the field and throws way to many interceptions. So at this point into training camp, I think that the starting QB position for the upcoming NFL season is going to be Orton's job to lose.

Just a quick note guys, I will be on vacation for about a week starting tomorow, so don't expect any new blog posts (from me) until I get back. Thanks.

No comments: