Friday, July 25, 2008

Brawl gets...out of hand

Normally baseball brawls are OK with me, but this one kind of crossed the line. From the Dayton Daily News:

Before the first inning was finished Thursday, July 24, at Fifth Third Field, three batters were hit by pitches.

The victims included:

• Dayton shortstop Zack Cozart, who left when hit in the head.

• Peoria's second baseman, who suffered a broken leg.

• A fan, who was hit by a ball thrown by Peoria starter Julio Castillo.

No information was available about the condition of the fan or Cozart.

The big question is should, Castillo, who threw the ball into the stands, be jailed. I saw an interesting comment on the Dayton Daily News page that said if I was having a baseball game and I threw punches, the police would come and I would probably be jailed. So that pretty much sums up my opinion. But everyone can agree that this is a brawl for the ages.



(Video from The Big Lead)

No comments: